Ben(oni) vs Ben(lev sameach). (PART 2)


THE PERFECT GENTLEMAN 

Two short stories:
• We once had a neighbour who had a 2-year-old son. Most mornings, the father would sit outside on the patio with the boy. Whatever the son pointed at, the father would tell him its name, and whoever passed by, he would say to his son, “Gee Gee, say good morning,” “Gee Gee, say bye-bye,” and so on. So it didn’t surprise me one bit when, soon enough, the boy could say simple words clearly like: good morning, how are you, sorry, thank you, bye-bye, etc. I knew it was because the father taught him.
+
• Some time ago, I had a conversation with someone I once knew. Let’s call him M. During this conversation, I got to know that M stopped talking to someone he held in high esteem because of a particular encounter they had. Although it seemed like nothing, as M walked away that day, head bent and teary-eyed, he realised that that single encounter had left a scar in his heart. Till today, I don’t know if M has healed completely.
---------------‐------

Today we are talking about the five magic words you can collectively call common courtesy.

In a book I once read, the question of the origin of morality in man was debated. While I wouldn’t want to dwell there, I would rather remind you that as sons of Abba who want to please Him, in our dealings with others, it is important to show courtesy in our manners, mannerisms, and words.
---

-I’M SORRY
This is a golden word that people often misuse or overlook. Apologising can never go out of style. “I’m sorry” shows remorse. It is accepting that you did something wrong whether by mistake or intentionally. Apologising shows that you regret your actions. It shows you recognise that it made the other person uncomfortable and that you are ready to fix the issue and bring peace.
Saying this goes a long way, and meaning it sincerely can tame even the hardest heart.
Just be sincere and say it from the bottom of your heart, because it shows responsibility. Remember, it takes courage to admit mistakes. A sincere apology heals wounds, restores trust, and opens the door to reconciliation.

-PLEASE
Nobody was born to serve you.
Whether you are older or younger, when making a request, no matter how small, say please.
“Please” shows people that you value their time, effort, and willingness to help. It turns a demand into a request and softens communication.

-THANK YOU
Nobody owes you anything.
God loves a grateful spirit, and this word embodies that.
“Thank you” shows gratitude. It acknowledges kindness and reminds people that their actions, no matter how small, matter. It strengthens relationships and encourages goodness.
Don’t look down on anything someone does for you. Whether it's a big gesture or a tiny one; whether you requested it or not, say thank you.

-EXCUSE ME
“Excuse me” shows consideration. It recognises that others deserve space, attention, and dignity. It keeps interactions polite and prevents unnecessary offence.
Don’t barge into people’s privacy without seeking permission to do so.

PARDON ME
This shows humility and respect.
It demonstrates respect for boundaries and authority, reminding us that we are not entitled to everything.
When you say, “May I?” it shows respect for the other person and that you value their permission before proceeding.

Gorgeous, you see, these five small words may look ordinary, but they carry extraordinary power. They can calm anger, rebuild broken bridges, and open doors that pride would keep shut. In many ways, they are daily tools for living out love. Not in grand gestures, but in simple, consistent actions.
---------------------

Now, next time you feel tempted to be rude or dismissive towards another person, ask yourself:
Would that make God happy?

Sometimes, we do not realise that people are watching us. People want to be like us. People want to emulate us. If we remember this, it may help shape our emotional responses.

If you are a leader, that is no excuse to be mean or dismissive to those under your leadership. A leader serves with humility. A leader protects. A leader watches out for the needs of others and ensures their emotional well-being is considered.

Do not have encounters with those under your care that leave them with wounds. Over time, this can threaten their loyalty towards you. Remember, anger management and emotional control are key.

Whether you are a leader or a follower, in your dealings with one another, think about the other person’s mental state. Listen and observe more, and speak less.
Not everyone walking the earth is okay.
Strive to be a perfect gentleman today.
I know you can do it.
-----------------------------

If you're reading this, and you haven't recieved the Lordship of Jesus into your life, remember that Jesus is the only way, the truth, and the life. So, please say this prayer after me:

"Lord Jesus, thank you for life, thank you for hope, and the second chance at newness. I believe in my heart that you died and on the third day, you rose from the dead. I confess with my mouth that you are my Lord and Saviour. I receive the gift of salvation today. Come into my heart, and live through me. Amen"

Yaayy! If you said these words with me, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Welcome to the fold. Please send me an email with the subject "I GAVE MY LIFE TO CHRIST" at mamaihopeyouseethis@gmail.com and I will direct you to a good local church that will help you grow.

I love you,
Imma💗

-------------------------
READ PART 1 👉🏽 HERE
-------------------------

Do you like my writeups? Please engage so I know you do. Read other ARTICLES and share to someone you love, if it blessed you. Don't forget to check out my WEBSITE too. God bless you.🤍🤍🌸

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Act of Staying One Place

July's Tea Date with Mama☕️

Wholehearted Devotion 101