The Act of Staying One Place


Did you know there is such a thing as "spiritual adultery"?

No, no... that's not what I want to write about today.😂
One morning, as I woke up, this phrase just kept ringing in my head, so I quickly picked up my notepad and wrote it down.

So yes... another misleading heading for the win.😅🫣

*******

Today, however, I want to talk about something closely related: the importance of being rooted in a local church.

Gorgeous, you see, we all have different pathways with God. Our individual purposes are intricately woven by Him and Him alone. A local church serves as a torch, helping to point us in the direction God is leading us.

For some people, they may be born into one denomination and, in time, God may lead them into another. And that is perfectly okay.

For others, however, they may leave the church they grew up in only to find that God continually draws them back because that is where He desires them to grow, serve, and fulfil the assignment He has given them.

Personally, I believe that remaining in, or leaving a local church is something God should lead us in. It is a decision that should be made prayerfully, not merely emotionally.

Now, let me share something with you.

The Bible does not forbid changing churches. There are legitimate reasons to leave a local church, such as:
• False teaching. • Spiritual abuse. • Relocating to another city. • A church that no longer faithfully teaches God's Word. • God leading someone into a different area of ministry.

Even in the New Testament, believers travelled and worshipped with different local churches, as the early Church consisted of many congregations in different places. However, constantly moving from church to church without good reason can have spiritual consequences.

You see, moving itself is not the issue.
The real question is why someone is moving.
• Am I leaving because God is leading me?
• Am I leaving because of sound biblical reasons?
• Or am I running away from correction, commitment, accountability, or conflict?

Now, some possible effects of constantly "church hopping" include:
Lack of spiritual growth. Healthy growth often comes through consistent discipleship, correction, and accountability. If someone leaves every time they are challenged, they may never mature spiritually.
Lack of accountability. Hebrews 13:17 encourages believers to respect and submit to their spiritual leaders. Constantly moving around can make it difficult to build those relationships.
Spiritual instability. Ephesians 4:14 warns believers not to be "tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine." Chasing every new preacher, ministry, or trend can leave a person vulnerable to confusion.
Seeking experiences rather than Christ. Sometimes people move from church to church searching for the next miracle, prophecy, or emotional experience instead of pursuing a deeper relationship with Jesus.
Missing the blessing of Christian community. God designed believers to live in fellowship, serve one another, and carry one another's burdens. Deep relationships take time to grow.
...and many more.

Gorgeous, I hope you understand my point of view on this matter.

As I end, I would love to say this:
The Bible's emphasis is not on being loyal to a particular church building or denomination but on being faithful to Christ. At the same time, God calls believers to be committed members of a local body where they can worship, grow, serve, and be accountable.

[By the way, Spiritual adultery is ultimately unfaithfulness to God]

However, constantly hopping from church to church for shallow or unhealthy reasons can hinder spiritual maturity and leave a believer spiritually unstable.

So let me ask you:
Are you currently part of a local church?
If not, where is God leading you?
Which local church were you raised in?
Did you leave it?
And if you did... was God the One leading you?

With love,
Mama🤍
──────────

What do you think about this piece? Please drop a comment below.

Do you like my writeups? Please engage so I know you do. Read other ARTICLES
and share to someone you love, if it blessed you. Don't forget to check out my WEBSITE
too. God bless you.🤍🤍🌸

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July's Tea Date with Mama☕️

Wholehearted Devotion 101