GREEN WITH ENVY 💚


Dear Gorgeous,
Before we head into today's write-up, I would love, just as an ice breaker, to share some things that crossed my mind during these two weeks I was away.

I had a heavy writer's block. Not that I didn't have things to say to you, but I just couldn't seem to write them out. The ideas would come, but I would feel too lazy to pick up my notepad. Then they would go, and I would be blank again!😂

So, as I mentioned earlier, as a way of easing myself back into this, here are some of the things I saw, thought about, learnt, or simply couldn't stop thinking about:
• The colours green and blue.
 • The book of 1 Timothy.
 • Love and sacrifice.
 • A meme online that said: "After just a few days of creation, God saw that Adam no fit do anything, so He jejely went and created a woman to help."😂
 Major roast alert!🔥😂
 • Someone said to me, "Omo, true true, you are a writer," because I sent them a "very brief" 300-word gist that was full of "deep mysteries and revelations" I had concerning something.😂
 • The concept of rest and resting.
 • Psalm 57:2.
 • The "help meet" principle.
 • Purity.
 • Another person said, "You can record long voice notes ehn," because I sent them a "very brief" 25-minute voice note.🥹 In my defence, I was advising on two tiny issues.🤲🏽😂
 • A man deeply in love is a very beautiful thing to see.
 • Being careful about how you carry yourself around people and knowing when to draw the line when it comes to disrespect.
 • Bad mobile networks and changing SIM cards but still being unable to solve the problem because all the networks are somehow bad.😭
 • Reigniting prayer, reopening prayer gates, and learning to pray from the heart.
 • Learning how to say "NO" and standing by it.
 • Learning how to eat.😂 (I fast a lot, but somehow I dislike "fasting".😭)
 • Sacrifice. Sacrifice. Sacrifice. And obedience.
 • God is very mindful of me. The song: Good God by Min. GUC.
 • The song Imole by Sound of Salem.
 • The act of being genuinely selfless and kind.
 • Someone I miss so dearly.
 • "It's easy for any woman to submit. Just show her that you're a good leader." Not through force. Women don't need force to submit.
 • Without faith, it is impossible to please God.
 • God is not foolish. He is Alpha and, at the same time, Omega. So trust Him and His process. He knows exactly what He is doing. He is already at the end, walking with you towards it.
 • GREEN WITH ENVY.📌
...
Oh Gorgeous, I have so many more random things to throw at you, but so this doesn't become unnecessarily long, let's go straight to the point.
──────────

GREEN WITH ENVY
It's such a sad thing that we cannot see what is going on inside people's hearts.
Someone could be your "best friend", yet the hatred, envy, and jealousy they harbour towards you could be something you never imagined. And then, to protect yourself, you start hiding your statuses, stop posting certain things on social media, reduce your phone calls, become more guarded...All because someone you call a friend simply cannot stand seeing you win.

But let me tell you something.
Personally, I wouldn't outrightly condemn envy or jealousy because, once in a while, it can come upon me too when I see certain people or certain things.

The issue I have is with people who become deeply plagued by it.
People who cannot see someone else's progress without feeling something twist inside them.
People who constantly compare.
People who stalk someone just to see what they are doing, where they are going, what they have achieved, who they are with...
And every time they see that person's progress, something inside them hurts. Their stomach ties itself in a knot. Their heart becomes uncomfortable. And before they know it, malicious thoughts begin to run through their minds.

If this happens occasionally, it doesn't necessarily make you a terrible person.
But if it happens constantly, and you keep feeding it, then Gorgeous, you need to deal with it.

You need an encounter with God.
And until you have dealt with it, perhaps your access to certain people needs to be limited. Not because they are your enemies, not because they have done anything to you, but because sometimes, you need distance from what continually triggers something unhealthy within you.

So, how do you combat it?
Stop stalking.
If looking at someone's life repeatedly makes you miserable, stop looking.
If seeing their achievements makes you bitter, take your eyes away.
When you see other people happy, remind yourself:
"God has not forgotten me."
Be content with where God has placed you while still trusting Him for where He is taking you.
And when those negative thoughts begin to rise, don't entertain them.
Shut them down.
Replace them.
Pray.
Thank God for that person.
Thank God for what He is doing in their life.
And then return your attention to your own journey.

Because Gorgeous, someone else's blessing is not evidence of your abandonment. Their progress does not mean that you are behind. Their answered prayer does not mean that God has forgotten yours. And their season does not cancel yours.
──────────

Now, if you have someone like this in your circle, pray for them. And, perhaps, keep some of your wins to yourself. Not every good thing happening in your life needs to be announced to everyone.
Some things are better kept between you, God, and the people you genuinely trust. But don't become so afraid of envy that you stop living.
Don't allow someone else's inability to celebrate you to make you ashamed of what God is doing in your life.

Gorgeous, I hope today's post helped you.

A good friend rejoices with you with a clean heart and a clean mind. Anything outside of that needs to be examined.

See you around.
Mama.🫂
---------------------
Do you like my writeups? Please engage so I know you do. Read other ARTICLES
and share to someone you love, if it blessed you. Don't forget to check out my WEBSITE
too. God bless you.🤍🤍🌸

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Act of Staying One Place

July's Tea Date with Mama☕️

Wholehearted Devotion 101