Dear Fore-Parent: Charity Begins in You.


I do not have a child of my own yet, but whenever I carry babies, I silently say this prayer within me:
"God, please help this baby"

Why?
I will tell you shortly.

Some time ago, I wrote something on marrying right because of generational patterns. If you haven't read it yet, please do so HERE, and check out the rest of my articles HERE.

In that article, I promised that I would talk about generational patterns, and today, briefly, is the fulfilment of that promise.
──────────

You see, whenever we hear the words "generational patterns," we immediately think of something so spiritually deep, heavy, mysterious, and complicated. But what if I told you that generational patterns often begin with the little things you're doing right now?

Look at this๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿฝ:
EMOTIONS ➝ CHARACTER ➝ PATTERNS
Do you understand?

Alright, let me explain.
──────────

According to the dictionary,
Emotions are conscious mental reactions such as anger, fear, joy, or sadness. They are feelings directed towards a particular situation or person and are often accompanied by physical and behavioural responses.
Character refers to the qualities, attitudes, and behaviours that distinguish a person. It is who you become through your repeated choices and actions.
Patterns are repeated behaviours, habits, or ways of living that eventually become the norm and are often copied or passed on.

Do you get it now?
──────────

Let's put it this way.
Imagine you struggle with anger (emotion).
Whenever you're angry, you smoke because it helps calm you down (character). At first, this only affects you. Then you have children.
Your children grow up watching you lash out in anger and notice that the only thing that seems to calm you down is a pack of cigarettes.
One day, they become angry too.
They remember what they always saw growing up and think,
"Oh... maybe this is how people deal with anger."
So they begin to smoke too. Without either you or them realising it, a pattern has been set in motion.

That pattern may then be copied, modified, and passed down from one generation to another if care is not taken.

Do you get me now?

Your emotions influence your actions.
Your actions become habits.
Your habits gradually shape your character.
And your character is what often creates patterns, whether positive or negative.

Gorgeous, do you get me now?
──────────

Gorgeous,
Whether you have children yet or not, live as though little eyes are watching you.
Always ask yourself,
"This thing I'm doing today... would I be comfortable if my children or grandchildren suffered the consequences of it?"

For those of you who are suffering today because of the actions of your forefathers, how does it feel?
For those of you struggling with a health condition that runs through your family, how does it feel?
For those of you trying to break unhealthy family patterns, financial struggles, addictions, destructive habits, or even cycles of broken relationships, how does it feel?

Don't you think the story should end with you?
Don't you think you should do everything within your power to rearrange things so that the next generation doesn't have to walk the same painful road?

Always think about the future and those yet unborn.
Don't live for yourself alone. Don't knowingly heap negative patterns, unhealthy habits, unnecessary burdens, or even curses upon the generations coming after you.

Even if your parents didn't know better, you know better now. Retrace your steps.
Live the right way. Eat well. Live healthily.
Control your emotions.

Because it is often the little things you do now that become the big things tomorrow.

I love you,
Mama.๐Ÿค

----------------
Do you like my writeups? Please engage so I know you do. Read other ARTICLES and share to someone you love, if it blessed you. Don't forget to check out my WEBSITE too. God bless you.๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐ŸŒธ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Act of Staying One Place

July's Tea Date with Mama☕️

Wholehearted Devotion 101