The Skeleton in the Cupboard
The spirituality of the physical ...
A few days ago, I was reminded deeply that the physical is often controlled by what happens in the spiritual. Now, I knew this already. But it settled in differently this time.
When someone does something; no matter how small, I often ask myself, why?
-Why do people struggle with anger?
-Why is forgiveness so difficult for some?
-Why addictions?
-Why repeated patterns of self-destruction?
Let us take lust, for example.
When someone is struggling with lust to the point of feeling hopeless and helpless, it is not always just a matter of “weak willpower”. Sometimes there is a spiritual weight behind it. Ie a spirit influencing the behaviour. It is not simply that you cannot say “no”. It can feel like something is saying “yes” for you, even when you desperately want to say “no”.
And this is where hope comes in.
God is the Controller of all controllers. Whatever influence, pattern, or spirit seems to be overpowering you, God has authority over it.
But here is the balance: while you hold on to God for deliverance, you must also stay away from the triggers. Do not sit in the fire and pray not to burn. Remove yourself from what feeds the struggle while you lean on God to restore your soul.
That is the reminder I wanted to leave with you.
Think about the analogy Prophet Nathan used when he confronted King David. David had taken what belonged to Uriah. Nathan did not attack him directly; he told a story that exposed the root of the sin.
Sometimes we must allow God to show us the deeper story behind our actions.
This is not condemnation, it is awareness, it is responsibility, it is healing.
I love you
Mama🖤
Comments
Post a Comment